bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: Bongo wishlist #9: make `d' work on header lines

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: Bongo wishlist #9: make `d' work on header lines
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 21:23:49 +0100

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>
>> How would you like Bongo to find the right directory? The easy way to
>> implement this is to forward a few lines to the nearest track and use
>> that for finding the directory. But that is not always the right one.
>
> As a matter of fact, it is (assuming that the next track is
> actually indented).  Header lines are determined completely
> by the tracks below them.  Empty sections carry no
> information whatsoever.

You're probably right. I thought that maybe one would like to open a
parent directory or something, a directory that is not the one Bongo
thinks is right. It's a little far-fetched.

> Is this the direction in which we want to go?  Turn the
> control of sectioning over to the user.

This is interesting. But maybe you would like to make some kind of
stable release first, because this could potentially lead to a lot of
other interesting ideas and changes in the foundations of Bongo.