bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] MPD (was: Re: brockman.se is down)

From: Daniel Jensen
Subject: [bongo-devel] MPD (was: Re: brockman.se is down)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 01:09:40 +0200

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes please :) I would be happy to test it for you though I am still learning
> bongo (I even haven't read the manual already ;)).

Thank you! I've attached bongo-mpd.el. To get started, here's an
autoload form:

    (autoload 'bongo-mpd-browser "bongo-mpd"
      "Browse your MPD library with Bongo." t)

This function loads a library with MPD tracks. There is a minor mode
with a few key bindings. Please note that you'll have to set the server
and port options if the default localhost:6600 is wrong.

Not a lot of MPD features are supported so far, but you can at least
pause and adjust the volume. There is no support for MPD playlists;
you'll have to use the Bongo playlist (and I like it this way, but then
again I admit I'm not a frequent MPD user.)

There's another user options that you might want to customize. Bongo
will parse the file names for metadata by default, but you can set
`bongo-mpd-track-line-infosets' to use metadata from MPD instead. There
are a couple of bugs here that I haven't worked out yet. Sometimes it
will fail and I have no idea why, but most of the time it works.

Anyway, I appreciate your help. Have fun!