bubblemon-list

[Bubblemon-list] disagreement with top...

From: Josh Buhl
Subject: [Bubblemon-list] disagreement with top...
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:27:36 +0200

Hi,

the bubblemon *looks* cool, but doesn't seem to provide accurate data. It is in disagreement about cpu/mem with all other monitoring tools.

I run the setiathome client in the background as a system user seti, and so my cpu load is always at about 100%, which both top and the standard gnome cpu load monitor report, but bubblemon reports values between 25 and 60%. Also, my 768 MB mem are almost aways about 98% full, which both free and the standard gnome monitor reports, whereas bubblemon says something like 251/757MB.

Are you sure that you're not just reporting the cpu/mem load from programs which the user who is also running bubblemon are producing, i.e. that bubblemon isn't taking system loads into account?

Josh Buhl

--
The sun with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it
can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the

Galileo