[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Index wrongly encoded with UTF-8

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Index wrongly encoded with UTF-8
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 15:16:06 +0100
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.23 (2014-03-12)

Thank you for the report.

I copied your file texi-index-bug.texi and ran pdfetex on it. I got a correct
UTF-8 encoded output, which I've attached.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 08:13:03PM +0200, Vincent Belaïche wrote:
> Hello,
> Attached is a minimal example.
> I don't know who is to blame, is that Texinfo, or MikTeX, as I updated
> the latter lately.
> Look at the .cp file, I get a spurious space in between the bytes of any
> UTF-8 charcters that do not fit in a single byte (there are plenty of
> those in French, like é or ù).
> I suspect that Texinfo lets the active characters active when \write-ing
> the non sorted index file, and the MikTeX inserts a whitespace like
> after any command.

I doubt it, but don't know for certain.

I know there can be differences between TeX engines in how byte values 
128-255 are handled.

I will look at the patches you sent and see if they make a difference to 

Attachment: test.cp
Description: Text document

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]