cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] Parrot IR compiler

From: Dan Sugalski
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] Parrot IR compiler
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:29:37 -0400

At 10:55 AM -0400 5/30/02, Melvin Smith wrote:
I know what you are going through. Cola currently has a stack based
allocator which works pretty good, but does no spilling. Spillage is
typically the hardest part of the allocator, fortunately, with 128 registers
in all, we can start with a stupid spiller because the allocator
does such a good job, you'll hardly ever need to spill, except in large,
pathological routines.

There's a *reason* I chose such a large number of registers for each register file... :)
--
                                        Dan

address@hidden                         have teddy bears and even
                                      teddy bears get drunk