cardinal-dev

Re: [Cardinal-dev] Parrot IR compiler

From: Melvin Smith
Subject: Re: [Cardinal-dev] Parrot IR compiler
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:52:56 -0400

At 08:42 PM 5/30/2002 +0200, Erik Bågfors wrote:
Hmm.. this sounds really interesting.  I assume that we can change the
backend of this to output code for other things that parrot?  For
exampel .Net-code or something?  Or am I confused here?

Nope, you are not confused. I'm already planning on adding
some real target platforms. Doing this will flush out design
weaknesses (for example, Intel doesn't have a uniform numbered
register set like R0-R6, and has restrictions on register usage, so
that should be fun reworking the allocator).

-Melvin