chicken-hackers

[Chicken-hackers] sudo-install

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] sudo-install
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:31:05 +0100 (CET)

(trac is 500ering right now, so I write this here)

gauche uses an option "--sudo-install" for it's package installation
tool. We could make this optional. I usually make my egg-repo dir
writable, but when installing eggs that install programs (tools),
it can be quite annoying to have to fail, and then run chicken-setup
again, probably building everything as root then, then later
have rm fail, due to wrong permissions, etc.

cheers,
felix