chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] sudo-install

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] sudo-install
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:28:16 +0900

  I like those ideas. Indeed, some Unix tools check if run under su or
sudo (i.e. effective user id != real user id), and use superuser
privileges only for system-wide operations. And using a temporary
directory in $USER/tmp or /tmp for the installation should have become
the default behavior a long time ago.  Does anybody want to look at,
or shall I make those changes to chicken-setup?

  -Ivan