chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] call for repository/chicken-setup organization pla

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] call for repository/chicken-setup organization plans
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:55:12 +0900

  I think the current repository layout could use a slight tweak:
create a symbolic link /release/current that points to the current
major release, and (if possible with SVN) lock the older release/x
branches, so they cannot be modified.  If there is a need to modify
eggs in an obsolete release/x branch, that should be accomplished with
patches. (Maybe create a writeable release/x/patches directory once
release/x is frozen?) Apart from that, I don't like overly elaborate
solutions -- look at the PLT module system, or R6RS. Better keep it
simple.

   -Ivan