chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] TinyCLOS 'examples' install path?

From: Leonardo Valeri Manera
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] TinyCLOS 'examples' install path?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 05:45:23 +0100

On 28/02/2008, Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

>   In that case, I believe all that needs to be done is to modify
>  copy-file and move-file in chicken-setup to use the value specified by
>  option -destdir, so that (copy-file FILE PATH) would result in file
>  being copied to DESTDIR/PATH. Does anyone object to such a change?

If DESTDIR is what you give after -R, yeah.

I'm finding the whole paths thing for chicken-setup a little
confusing, to be quite honest, especially these 2 cases:

(assume you're in the dir with the unpacked tinyclos egg)

chicken-setup -R ./install -P ./binaries =>
egg files go into install/, examples go into CHICKEN_REPOSITORY (which
should be overriden by -R, but isn't)

chicken-setup -R ./install -P ./binaries -destdir foo =>
egg files go into foo/lib/chicken/install/ , examples into
foo/examples/ (where did lib/chicken come from? what happened to my
CHICKEN_REPOSITORY=/usr/share/chicken variable now? It was'nt being
overridden by -R before...)

I feel like I'm an episode of the twilight zone.

Cheers,
Leo