chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] TinyCLOS 'examples' install path?

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] TinyCLOS 'examples' install path?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:25:39 +0900

  Good point, after I wrote you my previous email, I realized the
various ways to set installation paths can be confusing, so I started
updating the chicken-setup man page.

  Right now, CHICKEN_REPOSITORY is not checked in chicken-setup,
although the man page claims otherwise. I am going to put this back,
so we are consistent with the documentation.

  When you specify -destdir foo, the repository path is set to
destdir/lib/chicken. The "lib/chicken" string is hardcoded in the
chicken-setup source code, and I don't immediately see a good reason
to do so. I will look around some more, but I think I will change
that, and maybe add a separate -dest-prefix option, which will behave
like the current -destdir. In a separate email, I will write up the
algorithm for choosing installation paths, and if nobody disagrees
with it, I will update chicken-setup to make sure it respects all its
environment variables and installation path options.

  -Ivan