chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build failure for Chicken from Git master

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build failure for Chicken from Git master
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 13:39:16 +0200

Hi Dirk,

* Dirk Ullrich <address@hidden> [120809 13:35]:
> Hello,
>
> I am unable to build Chicken from Git master on a Linux x86_64 system
> with a Chicken 4.7.0 installed.
> After checking out Git master I issued a
>
> make PLATFORM=linux
>
> in my local tree, and I get the error:
>
> chicken setup-api.scm -optimize-level 2 -include-path . -include-path
> ./ -inli -ignore-repository -feature chicken-bootstrap -no-warnings
> -specialize -types/types.db   -feature chicken-compile-shared -dynamic
> -emit-import-library setuapi \
>           -output-file setup-api.c
>
> Warning: invalid compiler option (gnored): "-specialize"

Please build chicken master from the latest development
snapshot. Currently the next release candidate resembles master (as
the time of this writing) and includes the bootstrap C files, so you
can build it without chicken.

In general you will need to have the lasted dev snapshot installed and
then build a boot-chicken.

The canonical way is:

make PLATFORM=linux boot-chicken
make PLATFORM=linux CHICKEN=./chicken-boot # <- your new boot chicken
make PLATFORM=linux install

Please let us know whether you need more help getting master to run.

Kind regards,

Christian

--
Be right back -- Godot.