chicken-hackers

[Chicken-hackers] extracting srfi-1 from chicken 5

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] extracting srfi-1 from chicken 5
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 21:56:00 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

I pushed a branch ("drop-srfi-1") for extracting srfi-1 from
chicken-core. I thought it might be easier to handle than a patch
because I'm not sure if everybody agrees on the way it's been
implemented, and some things may change.

Here a few notes:

- There is an include file ("mini-srfi-1.scm") that holds the
  procedures that are currently needed. It is included by several
  units, mostly compiler units.

- I had to drop the special cases in the scrutinizer for some of the
  srfi-1 procedures.

- The selection of list-processing routines is not overly consistent
  or creative, I just added simple definitions, with no
  error-checking, but they should be quite efficient.

- Compilation in debug mode prints a lot of warnings, indicating
  the unused routines in the included mini-srfi-1.scm. Most of the
  unused procedures will be removed by the compiler.

- I have adapted the tests, simply by removing srfi-1 related tests
  and by adding some procedures verbatim that are required by the
  tests ("list-tabulate" mostly.)

- I have not created the srfi-1 egg yet. I can do that when and if the
  change is accepted. The documentation, the .types entries and a
  proper module definition will be added then.

- The system seems to build and "make check" seems to indicate no
  problems. I have not run any other tests. I have also not tried a
  bootstrap (building "chicken-boot" from this codebase.)

Comments are welcome.

felix