chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] possible bug in simple-sha1

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] possible bug in simple-sha1
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 18:13:34 +0200

Hello Kristian,

I cannot reproduce the bug if I use sha1-base.c directly with a C
program that feeds small chunks instead of doing it in one go.  florz
pointed out a dodgy piece of code in the SHA1Update function, I've
updated it to the latest version found on GitHub [1] and the bug went
away.

You'll also want to update the sha1 egg while you're at it.  Peter Bex
pointed out it's using the same sha1-base.c file, the fix should apply
for it as well.

Vasilij

[1]: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/clibs/sha1/master/sha1.c