chicken-users

filter

From: Juergen Lorenz
Subject: filter
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 16:37:31 +0100

Hi all,

I always wondered, why Scheme and even Chicken doesn't have a filter
routine built in, like other functional languages. Ok, we have i.a. srfi-1
with a filter routine and we have compress in (chicken base). But the
latter is rather cumbersome to use, and not everybody wants to import
srfi-1 for the former.

I suggest, to include a filter routine with two values, the sublist
which passes the test and the sublist which fails at least into (chicken
base) which is imported most of the time.

I hope, you'll agree with my proposal.

Cheers

Juergen

--