chicken-users

Re: Personal library

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: Re: Personal library
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 14:45:41 -0800

Robert Heffernan <bob.heffernan@gmail.com> writes:

> What would the equivalent setup for chicken be?  I have had a scan
> through the manual, but nothing is standing out to me.  I am hoping it
> is less complicated than writing my own personal eggs (but maybe not
> and maybe this is not so complicated?)

It isn't that complicated.  I have a local egg called cmblib.
More accurately, I have two: a private one, and one that I've
published.  My personal stuff goes in the cmblib egg.  You can see some
of the public bits of cmblib at:
https://the-brannons.com/fossil/chicken-cmblib

Here's the .egg file:

((synopsis "Random modules and programs")
 (author "Chris Brannon")
 (category misc)
 (dependencies brev srfi-13 srfi-128)
 (license "unlicense")
 (components
  (extension cmb.definers)
  (extension cmb.fs (component-dependencies cmb.definers))
(extension cmb.parsers)
))

Adding a new module (cmb foo) is as easy as:
* Add (extension cmb.foo) to the .egg,
* Write cmb.foo.scm,
* cd /path/to/cmblib && chicken-install -s

Hope this helps,
-- Chris