chmspec-devel

Re: [chmspec-devel] FIftiMain SVG image

From: Pabs
Subject: Re: [chmspec-devel] FIftiMain SVG image
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:49:02 -0400 (EDT)

Updated version attached, it's almost finished, except for the leaf ->
WLCs links and some polishing. I'll finish it in the next few days I
think, fix some other stuff and release a new version of the spec. I would
have had more done, but indymedia & stuff infringed on it.

One more question:

There are 2 index nodes at level 1. The second is semi-filled (consistent
with the amount of entries), but the first is also semi-filled because if
it was not the number of leaf nodes I would have to put on the image
would be too many to fit, but it needs to be full, otherwise there would
be only one 1st level index node (and no second level one).

So my question is how do I represent those implicit leaf nodes and index
node entries?

Ideas so far:
1. use the elipsis thing below to indicate more of both
..
.

Use an bunch of words in the index node that fade out to a low opacity,
incombination with small leaf squares and pointers to those squares that
both also fade into non-existance or shrink or something.

or a combination of both?

or better ideas?

Keep in mind that I have to use the space that is there currently, cause
moving things around would be too much work to justify it.

Also with the leaf -> WLCs links, I'm gonna have a similar construct to
the free-space pointers, but horizontal instead of vertical. Any comments?

Bye,
Pabs