[Classpath] [Fwd: Intel releases open source Java VM]

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: [Classpath] [Fwd: Intel releases open source Java VM]
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:05:27 -0400

Seen on the japhar list...

It's interesting because it isn't only a *java* virtual machine, but a
virtual machine for any java-like language.

I verified that the license really is Free - it's a clickwrap on the
download page, but it just amounts to "Preserve this copyright, preserve
this license, and don't use Intel's name to promote anything you do". I
didn't know you could use clickwrap licenses for Free software, but I
guess it's okay.

And it uses Classpath as its runtime!

This could be very interesting...

Stuart.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Intel releases open source Java VM Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:33:51 CDT
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000919/ca_intel_3.html