Object class

From: Artur Biesiadowski
Subject: Object class
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:24:00 +0200

I've browsed Object class and noticed few things:

Is there any reason for getClass() method being native ? Every other
'native' method is forwarded to VMObject, only this one is truly native.

In description of clone method there is a sentence:
"The ==,equals() and instanceof comparisons may even return false when
comparing the original with the clone!"

I think it should be reworded - it is quite normal that == will return
false when comparing with old object. In some cases it COULD return true
(for example if you return this for immutable objects when cloning
them), but it is a special case.

I know these are petty things, but we should strive for having perfect
library :)

Artur