Re: classpath-0.01 released

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: classpath-0.01 released
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:06:10 -0500

Brian Jones wrote:

> I've packaged and released classpath-0.01.  This release features
> numerous improvements and additions.  Places to download the source
> code and precompiled binaries are listed below.

Awesome news, and great work!

Questions:
- Did any of the available interim versions of java.util.zip make it
into this release? This has been a showstopper for some of the things I
want to do with classpath.
- Have announcements been made to freshmeat and similar?

And one question that just occurred to me but doesn't have anything to
do with the release, really...

- Are there any plans to integrate any of the third-party VMs supported
(such as IBM's OpenRuntime, or any number of smaller projects whose
names I forget) into the main source tree? Ideally, I'd like to see
support for Kaffe as well, but this seems to get too much political
opposition (or at least non-enthusiasm) from both sides. At least it
would be nice to say "these are the VMs we support" rather than "this is
the VM we support".

Again, thanks (to everyone here) for all the effort put into this
release :)

Stuart.