Re: classpath-0.01 released

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: classpath-0.01 released
Date: 27 Nov 2000 22:41:18 -0700

>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <address@hidden> writes:

Bryce> I have just merged the libgcj implementations of
Bryce> DataInputStream and BufferedReader into classpath. I believe
Bryce> that these issues should now be fixed.  If there is still a
Bryce> problem, please get back to me.

I think your change broke Classpath builds.

Classpath's java.io.RandomAccessFile depended on the
DataInputStream.convertTo* methods, which you removed.

I looked at doing this merge a while back but stopped because of this
problem.

FWIW the Classpath approach might be better here.  libgcj assumes that
all the file-like things can be handled similarly, but this isn't true
on all platforms.  Offhand I don't know whether RandomAccessFile is
one of the places we'll need to change though.

Tom