Re: A java DEBUG flag

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: A java DEBUG flag
Date: 02 Dec 2000 23:44:24 -0500

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian> I think I'd rather keep it to one java class and just use
> Brian> multiple public final static variables.

kay> I thought Bryce's plan was to have one master debug flag (a constant)
> and then use properties for the individual things.
>
>     if (Configuration.DEBUG && Boolean.getBoolean ("gnu.debug.this"))
>       {
>       }

O, I reread various posts and it appears this is his plan.  I
cannot find a single class that actually uses this mechanism yet in
Classpath however.  This does seem to mean we can just debug parts of
classpath as opposed to everything.  Thanks for clearing this up.  I'd
like to make sure we put in some file every debug property and what is
used to debug as they are invented.  Is that ok?

> Sure.  You can make your own autoconf macro, something like
> (untested):

I'll have to remember this although I apparently won't need it now.
:)

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>