Re: Additions to Classpath

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Additions to Classpath
Date: 01 Mar 2001 23:04:54 -0500

"Elifarley C. Coelho" <address@hidden> writes:

> Would you be interested in the RAZip file format, or
> in the TAR (or Zip) file system, or in the VersaStream
> class, or in the Jandy web framework? If not, do you
> know anyone who would find any of them useful?

Thank you for bringing this software to our collective attention.
Unfortunately I fail to see how any of the software could potentially
help us fulfill our mission to provide a free implementation of the
standard Java class libraries.  If by chance you implemented your own
zip/gzip/tar reader/writer classes that do not use java.util.zip, then
we may be interested in that though there is already work in progress
to implement this particular package in Java.

The work you've done seems useful for certain applications.  You might
consider trying to submit all or some of this work as a GNU project to
the FSF.  If that's not what you're looking for then you should be
able to let others know about your software at various Java specific
web sites.  I'm unsure what license you might distribute your code
under, so you might consider trying to clarify that on your website
and in the headers of your source code.

I hope this helps,
Brian
--