Re: [Java-gnome-developer] I'd like to work on an AWT binding

From: Ian D . Stewart
Subject: Re: [Java-gnome-developer] I'd like to work on an AWT binding
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 10:03:53 -0500

On 2001.03.03 09:46:07 -0500 John Stracke wrote:
> I'm interested in building a set of AWT peers on top of java-gnome, so
> that I can have AWT-based apps look right on my desktop.  Is anybody
> already working on such a thing?

I don't know of anybody working on AWT peers for GNOME, but the good folks
at ClassPath have developed a GTK+ AWT implementation.  If it doesn't do
what you want, it should at least get you started in the right direction.

See:
        http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/status.html#java.awt
        http://subversions.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/classpath/gnu/java/awt/

HTH,