Re: Porting the Collections API implementation to Java 1.1

From: Tobias Downer
Subject: Re: Porting the Collections API implementation to Java 1.1
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 18:22:38 -0500

Brian Jones wrote:

> Tobias Downer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I've separated the Collections API code from classpath and, with a few
> > modifications, managed to compile the code on java 1.1.  I've been
> > looking for a 1.1 port because I've just recently set about the task of
> > porting my GPL'd Java database server from JDK 1.2 to 1.1.x.
> >
> > Would anyone else be interested in using the classpath Collections API
> > implementation as a support library for 1.1?
> >
> > Toby.
>
> Toby,
>
> There is a script, classpath/lib/mkcollections.pl, which purports to
> do this for you.  Everyone is welcome to use it to create a 1.1
> collections API.
>
> Brian

Thank you for pointing me to this.  I tried the latest mkcollections.pl
script on CVS but it doesn't appear to be up to date with the
Collections classes.  If attempts and fails to copy Bucket.java (which I
presume has been removed) and does not remove some 1.2 specific object
serialization calls from TreeMap.java.  I think it fails because at some
point a couple of variable names containing serialized fields were
renamed from 'iField' and 'oField' to 'field' so now the script misses
them.

I made some small changes to the script to bring it up to date.  I'll
send the changes to the author for review.

Toby.
--
Maintainer of Mckoi SQL Database - an opensource Java ORDBMS.
  http://www.mckoi.com/database/