Re: OJE (more info)

From: Kevin A. Burton
Subject: Re: OJE (more info)
Date: 01 Apr 2001 23:16:40 -0700

"Nic Ferrier" <address@hidden> writes:

> This is mainly in reply to Kevin.
>

> I haven't had any contact with Andrew since Feb 6th.
>
> The address these exchanges were going to is a webmail tool, I don't
> have a "real" email for him.
>
> He is subscribed (at least, he was) to this list. I'd be interested
> to know if his address is still subscribed. It is:
> address@hidden

Just checked BBDB...  this is the e-mail I have for him as well :(

> Furthermore: I'm not actually proposing a dangerous fork.

yes... I know.  I just don't want to suprise they guy :)

It might be PC to send an e-mail to that account saying that we are about to
fork.  I hope we don't have to do this.  I really think that a good Open Source
project is just an emergent property of its community.

> The code that has been finished will not be changed, even a little
> bit. Just stored in 2 places: the OJE project at source forge and on
> savannah.

no bug fixes :)

> The code that has not yet been finished will be forked (ie: there
> will be two versions of it) but only one set, that held under GNU,
> will be brought to release.
>
> Andrew and I have talked a few times about bringing the project under
> GNU anyway. I don't think I'm doing anything that would annoy him.
>
> However, I understand the concern. If others feel that way I'll hold
> off.
<snip>

It sounds like everything is cool.  I would just recommend sending him a
"WARNING" message and give him a week :)

Kevin

--
Kevin A. Burton ( address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden )
        Cell: 408-910-6145 URL: http://relativity.yi.org ICQ: 73488596

One man's villain is another man's employer.