Re: small patches for BigInteger, BigDecimal, Double

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: small patches for BigInteger, BigDecimal, Double
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:30:04 +0000

> I ran acrossed a few small problems with BigInteger, BigDecimal and
> Double, and gnu.java.io.decoder.DecoderEightBitLookup which I have
> corrected. Included here
> are the changes. These will need to be applied by hand!
>
> java.math.BigInteger - the incrementing of the index happened at the
> wrong place causing index out of bounds problems

I found this earlier and wrote to the author. Perhaps I should have sent a
patch.

> java.math.BigDecimal - string ctor did not understand exponents

> gnu/java/io/decode/DecoderEightBitLookup.javav - convertToChar wouldnt
> work with ascii values above 128 due to byte-char conversion

I was picking up ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exceptions from that class. I hope it is
this error.

Also, I noticed that a file I was reading had a "copyright" character in it (I
think the code was 251), this also triggered an exception. I assume this is the
same error.

John Leuner