need help with configure

From: Berg, Michael C
Subject: need help with configure
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:34:20 -0700

When I run configure, ltconfig indicates no host was specified.  If I
specify one on the command line, I get an error.
Also, immediatly following this, and more importantly, the libtool configure
fails.
I have installed libtool with make install in it's directory into my /usr
directories.
It built without issue.

Before running configure, I ran the following tools in this order:

autoconf
automake
autoheader
aclocal
        : also aclocal emitted 5 lines of text for macros not found in the
library:

                AM_DISABLE_STATIC
                AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
                AM_PATH_GTK
                AM_PATH_GLIB
                AM_PATH_LIBART

What am I missing.  I am building on Win2k with a full cygwin environment.

--Mike