Re: State of AWT

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: State of AWT
Date: 30 Jan 2002 16:45:34 -0700

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey Morgan <address@hidden> writes:

Jeffrey> Although GTK2 is still alpha (or is that beta) most
Jeffrey> of it is fairly stable.  I have been working with it
Jeffrey> for over a month porting java-gnome to GTK 2 and GNOME 2.
Jeffrey> I would also agree that it would seem to make more sense
Jeffrey> to target the newer version of the libraries.

Does java-gnome generate CNI native code, or only JNI?
I've occasionally thought maybe it would make sense for us to write
the Gtk+ peers using java-gnome.  I think that is what IBM is planning
to do with the Gtk+ port of SWT.

Tom