Re: State of AWT

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: State of AWT
Date: 02 Feb 2002 22:56:05 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 04:30, Tom Tromey wrote:

> It's not as bad as it sounds though.  A lot of the hard work is done.
> I've been doing my debugging by compiling the Gtk+ peers with gcj into
> a shared library, and then running the TestAWT program with those
> peers and the JNI native code.  Windows, events, buttons, and the
> layout engines work well enough to let me see the bugs in the other
> code.  This setup is noticeably faster than using the JDK (1.2.2); I
> attribute that to the JDK's use of Motif.

What magic do I have to perform to see this working?
I tried Orp with the latest Classpath libraries and the latest CVS
checkout of gcj combined with the Classpath classes and native libs but
with both I get only the following when trying the TestAWT program:

returned
end
INSET:java.awt.Insets(top=0,bottom=0,left=0,right=0)
init

And then the program just hangs. That last message comes from
GtkMainThread so the native code does load. But the MainWindow does not
show.

Cheers,

Mark