Re: State of AWT

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: State of AWT
Date: 02 Feb 2002 19:25:04 -0700

Tom> * Linked all the resulting .o files into lib-gnu-java-awt.so

Mark> This might be very basic but how do I go about this step?
Mark> I tried to do "gcc -shared -o lib-gnu-java-awt.so *.o"

That's what I do.

Mark> But the resulting so file does not seem to work. When running the
Mark> program I can see (with strace) that the library is being opened but I
Mark> still get a java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit:
Mark> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit

Mark> /tmp$ cp -r ~/src/classpath/gnu/java/awt gtkpeers/gnu/java/
Mark> /tmp$ cd gtkpeers
Mark> /tmp$ for i in gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk/*.java; do gcj -fPIC -g -fjni -c -o

You also need gnu.java.awt.image.
Without that, I think the .so will have unresolved symbols and won't
link at runtime.

Tom