FOSDEM (Brussels February 16 & 17)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: FOSDEM (Brussels February 16 & 17)
Date: 03 Feb 2002 15:20:31 +0100

Hi,

Is someone going to FOSDEM in Brussels february 16 and 17?
http://www.fosdem.org/

It seems like a fun free software developer meeting.
There are a lot of interesting people and projects coming.

Miguel de Icaza will be there to talk about the Mono project. Which
seems interesting since they are also working on a standard class
library for that (and are competing with the official GNU project dotGNU
pnetlib which is also making such a library). And they also seem to be
working together with the Intel Orp people.

Richard Dale will be telling about the KDE/QT bindings for Java (and
other languages).

The GNUStep people will be there which should be interesting since they
are working much longer then we on a open specification.

Lots of info on Gnome 2.0, the FSF Award ceremony, talks about software
patents etc. There will be lots more talks which might not have any
connection with the free java projects but which should be interesting
any way.

And it would be fun to meet some of you Classpath hackers in person. So
if anybody else is going please let me know.

Cheers,

Mark