Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: Compiling with jikes > 1.13
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:38:44 +0100

Mark Wielaard wrote:

> Have people with jikes problems actaully reported them to the jikes
> developers? We can try to recompile Wonka with 1.15 to see what happens.
> Stuart, what program were you using which forced you to downgrade to
> 1.14?

We were going to report our main problem with 1.15, but found it was already
a Known Bug (the inner-class constructor thing).

1.15 also barfed on some non-compile-time static finals in inner classes: on
this issue we decided Jikes was right, and (hopefully) fixed our code.

Regards

Chris Gray
VM Architect, ACUNIA