Re: Undocumented values of documented final fields

From: arenn
Subject: Re: Undocumented values of documented final fields
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:45:40 -0600

Sascha Brawer (address@hidden) wrote:
> does Classpath aim to provide the same values for final fields as the Sun
> JDK implementation does, even if the concrete value is not part of the
> specification?
>
> Context: I am currently working on java.util.logging, and the
> documentation of the Logging API does not specify the integer values for
> the standard logging levels -- for example the result of
> java.util.logging.Level.WARNING.intValue().  My question is not specific
> to java.util.logging, though.

In short, yes.  I've captured these values in the past by writing short
programs that dump them to stdout.

--
Aaron M. Renn (address@hidden) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/

"We have a choice, either to change the way we live, which is unacceptable,
or to change the way that they live, and we chose the latter."
  - Sec. of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, News briefing, 2001-09-18