Undocumented values of documented final fields

From: Sascha Brawer
Subject: Undocumented values of documented final fields
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 15:48:45 +0100

Hi,

does Classpath aim to provide the same values for final fields as the Sun
JDK implementation does, even if the concrete value is not part of the
specification?

Context: I am currently working on java.util.logging, and the
documentation of the Logging API does not specify the integer values for
the standard logging levels -- for example the result of
java.util.logging.Level.WARNING.intValue().  My question is not specific
to java.util.logging, though.

-- Sascha Brawer, address@hidden