Re: Draft release announcement (please comment)

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: Draft release announcement (please comment)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:58:15 +1300

Mark Wielaard wrote:

  5). Who should use this software?

  This is a development release only. You should only install it if you are
  interested in Classpath development or reporting bugs. We appreciate both.
  You might also be interested if you enjoy installing random alpha
  software.

I think this part sounds a bit too pessimistic. How about something like:

5). Who should use this software?

Although it is already capable of supporting many Java applications, this is a development release. As such, there are still many unfinished components, and some problems are to be expected. You should install it if you are interested in Classpath development or reporting bugs. We appreciate both.

regards

Bryce.