Draft release announcement (please comment)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Draft release announcement (please comment)
Date: 08 Feb 2002 00:22:07 +0100

Hi,

I made a draft for the 0.03 release announcement.
It can be found in CVS as doc/www.gnu.org/announce/20020208.wml.
(Please be careful when updating the web pages.)

Attached is a text version. Since English is not my native language I
would like it if someone checked the grammar. Please yell if the content
is not clear, correct, confusing, etc.

We need to do (I want to do) some more things before we can actually
release, but we are almost there:

- Need to fix make dist (see mailing list)
- Check new jikes (Eric Blake is working on this)
- Check and recheck release tarball.
- Setup and run Mauve, publish results.

Did I forget anything?

I did contact James Blair about using Drop on a T-shirt back in November
and he was enthousiastic about the idea. But then we didn't actually
make a release so I did not follow up on it. Since we will get a release
soon I tried to contact him again but he has not yet responded. So we
will have to wait a little while before I can make T-shirts to celebrate
the release. If anybody has the original black and white line art of
Drop "the evil water droplet" then please send it to me.

But now I need some sleep.

Good night,

Mark