Re: I wish to help

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: I wish to help
Date: 04 Nov 2002 17:15:40 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> Stephen Crawley just fixed the threading issues in Kissme with
Mark> the latest pthread library and I am now again able to run our
Mark> TestAWT program out of the (CVS) box with Kissme. (It crashes
Mark> whenever you push any of the buttons, but still...) And I know
Mark> that Tom Tromey has a secret dance to get the GTK+ peers working
Mark> with libgcj.

It isn't that secret!  I'll send it to anybody who is interested.  I'm
sure I've posted it in the past.

Maybe it would help if we checked in the peers and build machinery to
libgcj.  Then people could have a semi-functional AWT.  Do you think
that would inspire patches from users?

With libgcj TestAWT works pretty well.  Many of the buttons and
dialogs work fine.

Tom