Re: PATCH: Certificates support

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: PATCH: Certificates support
Date: 23 Apr 2003 08:21:03 -0400

Casey Marshall <address@hidden> writes:

> | Tests for functionality exposed through public APIs are okay as Sasha
> | said, just don't test for Sun specific providers... we may have GNU
> | providers after all.
> |

> I meant conformance tests for algorithms that are in Sun's default
> provider and also in the GNU provider.

I think these would be good tests.

> One additional question: parts of the patch (Base64 decoding and object
> identifier DER en/decoding) use bits from other software packages --
> ISC's DHCP and Cryptix's ASN.1 kit, respectively. Both are free software
> and the patches use 20-30 lines from each, tops. Is this ok to include?

ISC DHCP License appears to be okay, you will have to appropriately
mark "their" code and we have to put their "notice", etc. somewhere in
the documentation on the 3rd party software we use.  I don't know
which part came from here, but if it is available in one of our sister
projects such as GNU Crypto or Classpathx that is always better.

Cryptix looks proprietary.  You might want to find out if GNU Crypto
is going to look at ASN.1 at all.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>