Re: X Rendering and GNU Classpath

From: Sascha Brawer
Subject: Re: X Rendering and GNU Classpath
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:08:30 +0200

Jean-Daniel Fekete <address@hidden> wrote on Sun, 3 Aug
2003 19:41:32 +0200:

>I took over the development of Agile2D, a package implementing Graphics2D
>in OpenGL using gl4java. [...]
>
>It would be a shame to duplicate the effort so I am willing to help and
>provide all the information you would need to achieve a free port of
>Graphics2D based on OpenGL and, of course, the code too. [...]

This is great, thank you!

>I hope we can collaborate on providing a good and fast, free
>implementation of Graphics2D.

It seems there are several people with that goal, and that some
coordination would be good so we can share at least some of the effort.
Therefore, I guess I'll try to arrange a discussion session during
LinuxKongress in Saarbrücken/Germany. Jean-Daniel, are you planning to go
there, by chance?

Graydon, where are you located? Is there a chance that either you or
someone else might be present who is familiar with what you are doing on
top of Cairo/Xr?

Best regards,

-- Sascha

Sascha Brawer, address@hidden, http://www.dandelis.ch/people/brawer/