Re: Method.equals() question

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Method.equals() question
Date: 13 Aug 2003 18:09:42 -0600

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

Brian> These have not been applied yet, we should do so before Friday.
Brian> Does this look okay to everyone?

Yes, except for one little nit:

>> -      // Implementation note:
>> -      // The following is a correct but possibly slow implementation.
>> -      //
>> -      // This class has a private field 'slot' that could be used by
>> -      // the VM implementation to "link" a particular method to a Class.
>> -      // In that case equals could be simply implemented as:
>> -      //
>> -      // if (o instanceof Method)
>> -      // {
>> -      //    Method m = (Method)o;
>> -      //    return m.declaringClass == this.declaringClass
>> -      //           && m.slot == this.slot;
>> -      // return false;

This part of the comment is still correct and could be left in place.
(This is actually what libgcj does.)

Whether you want to leave it in place, I don't know.  I see it is a
nice, but optional, hint to implementors.

Tom