Re: Preparing for 0.06 release

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: Preparing for 0.06 release
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:11:29 +1000

> I believe the kissme VM just uses the vm/reference version of Thread.

This is correct.

If the classpath implementation of  vm/reference/java/lang/Thread.java
is redone as java/lang/Thread.java + vm/reference/java/lang/VMThread.java,
kissme should be changed to reflect this.  This will entail changes to
the native methods, depending on how the new VMThread.java declares them.

A short term alternative (hack) would be to simply copy the existing
classpath vm/reference/java/lang/Thread.java into the kissme tree so
that kissme continues to use the old Thread.java code.

I'd prefer to deal with this AFTER Classpath 0.06.

-- Steve

-- Steve