Re: Locale collation rules

From: Guilhem Lavaux
Subject: Re: Locale collation rules
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:45:50 +0200

Tom Tromey wrote:

"Guilhem" == Guilhem Lavaux <address@hidden> writes:

Guilhem> Is it legally possible to get the rules returned by sun jdk's
Guilhem> RuseBasedCollator.getRules() as it was done in Mauve ?

We would have to have RMS ask the FSF lawyer about this.

When I initially wrote this code I avoided this issue.
One option might be to see if we can further adapt the glibc
localeconv program to generate the collation rules for us.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Do you know how much of the java's locale information can be found in glibc's ? I remember something like glibc's locale would never be sufficient to translate all necessary informations. I'll download glibc sources and have a look at what can be done.

Cheers,
Guilhem.