Re: [Classpath] Towards GNU Classpath 0.07 and 1.0

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: Re: [Classpath] Towards GNU Classpath 0.07 and 1.0
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:46:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Mark Wielaard wrote:

> - Up to date documentation that at a minimum provides a reference like
>   overview of what we have and what each class/method does. And clearly
>   describes what is work in progress/non-functional stubs.
>   (gjdoc really helps here. And our api doc isn't that bad. We really
>    need to write some package.html overview pages for the packages that
>    we feel agree really useful though. We also might need to hack a bit
>    on gjdoc to make do everything we want - like including pictures.)

You might want to look into sinjdoc
   http://cscott.net/Projects/GJ/#sinjdoc
as an alternative to gjdoc, especially if you are planning on following
the java 1.5 language changes.  sinjdoc is GPL'ed and supports all the
Java 1.5 syntax.  It also includes a 'real' parser, for what it's worth.
The API is close but not identical to the javadoc api, although the
command-line options are identical to javadoc's.
 --scott

[i tried to compare sinjdoc's output to gjdoc's, but the API docs linked
 to by
   http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/
 are missing.
   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/
 is missing as well, but I assume y'all already knew that.]

Iraq Khaddafi Rijndael Dictionary Castro Echelon Cheney East Timor
IDEA atomic Moscow operation Waco, Texas Delta Force Marxist BATF
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )