jhbuild and classpath

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: jhbuild and classpath
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 18:22:58 -0400

Hi James,

I've been experimenting with using jhbuild for GNU Classpath
development.  My compliments on jhbuild; it's a very nice tool!

Our AWT implementation relies on GTK, so jhbuild is a natural fit for
us.  And it looks like jhbuild has the potential to make bootstrapping a
Classpath-based development environment dramatically simpler.

I've run into one problem though.  In the GNU Classpath world, we prefer
to have builddir != srcdir, whereas it seems most GNOME modules, and
hence jhbuild, assume builddir == srcdir.  What do you think about
having a builddir != srcdir mode that could be set in .jhbuildrc?

Tom