error during nightly classpath builds

From: Steven Augart
Subject: error during nightly classpath builds
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:58:03 -0400

For the past week or so, I've been getting the following error when I do the nightly regression builds of GNU classpath's CVS head. I wonder whether anyone else has seen this. This may not be a recently introduced problem; the Classpath CVS head builds were broken for a couple of months before that, and I've been changing the nightly build process scripts.

Might this be caused by using GCJ version 3.2.2 instead of the recommended 3.3+?

Thanks,

--Steve Augart

Making all in lib
make[1]: Entering directory
`/homes/turangalila/jalapeno/nightShadowMauve/classpath/classpath/lib'
top_builddir=.. /bin/sh ./gen-classlist.sh standard
/usr/bin/gcj --bootclasspath '' -classpath
..:../external/jaxp/source:../vm/current:.: -C -d . @classes
../java/awt/im/InputSubset.java:49: Superclass `Character.Subset' of class
`java.awt.im.InputSubset' not found.
   public final class InputSubset extends Character.Subset
                                          ^
../java/awt/font/TextAttribute.java:44: Superclass
`AttributedCharacterIterator.Attribute' of class `java.awt.font.TextAttribute'
not found.
   public final class TextAttribute extends
AttributedCharacterIterator.Attribute
                                            ^
2 errors
make[1]: *** [compile-classes] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/homes/turangalila/jalapeno/nightShadowMauve/classpath/classpath/lib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm