Re: error during nightly classpath builds

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: error during nightly classpath builds
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:59:02 -0400

Mark Wielaard wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 21:58, Steven Augart wrote:

Might this be caused by using GCJ version 3.2.2 instead of the recommended 3.3+?

Most likely yes.
Try switching to gcj 3.3+ or jikes 1.18+.

I've gone over to jikes 1.19 and the automatic classpath build has succeeded. Who knows; we might actually get Jikes-RVM/Mauve/Classpath-CVS results tonight!

Am also looking at the configure problem; we have some version test code in acinclude.m4 and it has some clear bugs; it derives the following results: GCJ_VERSION_MAJOR=gcj (GCC) 3 Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc This is free software; see the source for copying conditions warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
GCJ_VERSION_MINOR=2 There is NO

I'll see if I can fix it tonight. If not, Michael Koch will probably look at it; I expect to be out of town for the weekend, starting Saturday Morning.

--Steve Augart

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm