Re: Branch for generics

From: James Damour
Subject: Re: Branch for generics
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 19:22:38 -0400

Tom Tromey wrote:

>  I propose we merge the branch to mainline when two criteria are met:
>
>  1. A majority of Classpath-using VM implementors agree that they
>  have access to a compiler suitable for compiling the branch.

Maybe you should pick an actual number instead of saying "majority";
otherwise people can claim that we aren't including **every**
Classpath-using VM in our count.

Alternatively, you could just say "When the following Classpath-using VM
implementors agree that they have access to a compiler suitable for
compiling the branch: Kaffe, SableVM, GCJ, JikesRVM, JamVM, and
Kissme".  Modify the list to be whomever you want, but IMHO if these
guys can't use it then even if everyone else can, it isn't ready.

--
James Damour (Suvarov454) <address@hidden>