RE: TimeZone

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: TimeZone
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:44:48 +0200

Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> >I'm not sure, but I think with the recent time zone changes
> there was a
> >bug introduced. Does the patch below make sense?
> >

> Hmm... have an example/test case?

public class test
{
  public static void main(String[] args)
  {
    System.out.println(java.util.TimeZone.getDefault());
  }
}

java -Duser.timezone=GMT-3600 test

Upon reflection (and some more experiments) the code doesn't seem to
make any sense to me. On the Sun VM, if the abs(offset) is greater than
24 it is interpreted as Hours * 100 + Minutes, instead of the seconds
that Classpath uses.

Regards,
Jeroen