Using -revision instead of 0:0:0 hack

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: Using -revision instead of 0:0:0 hack
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:55:00 -0500

Hi all,

I attached a patch that illustrates how we use the -revision switch of
libtool to say we don't provide a stable binary interface, instead of
hardcoded 0:0:0, as it's done currently in gnu cp.  Short story is:
-revision does exactly the thing that 0:0:0 hack is supposed to do.

What you pass to -revision is another story.  We pass Subversion
revision number, but you may pass adequate CVS rev. no, or just stick
to "0.11+cvs" string.  Every such solution is better than 0:0:0 hack.

I'll let Michael handle it further, as we discussed the issue broadly on
IRC long time ago (and I was actully sure it was already included in GNU
CP).

HTH

                        Grzegorz B. Prokopski

--